American Red Cross Lifeguard Training 2019
With Title 22 Certification
Learn the skills needed to prevent and respond to emergencies! Earn the certification needed to be a lifeguard!
Course Dates: August 29 - Sept 2, 2019
- Thursday, Aug 29* 4-9pm (pre-course assessment)
- Friday, Aug 30 4-9pm
- Saturday, Aug 31 8am-6pm
- Sunday, Sept 1 8am-6pm
- Monday, Sept 2 8am-6pm
Location: Saratoga Swim Club
Registration deadline: August 25, 2019
- Proof of age 15 by last day of the course
- Successfully complete the Pre-course Assessment* which requires you to:
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates must swim using front crawl, breast stroke, or a combination of both techniques.
- Complete the following in under 1 minute, 40 seconds: Swim 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 8 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object without the use of goggles, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface, place object on side of pool, and exit the pool without using a ladder or steps.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates must be able to maintain a vertical body position with the head above the surface of the water the entire time.
Program Fee: $250
Materials are included in the fee and will be distributed at the pre-course session.
Please keep in mind that participation in ALL class sessions and completion of reading assignments before each class is required to pass both the Lifeguard Training (LGT) and Title 22 courses. Participants who successfully pass the course will receive 2-year certification in: Lifeguard Training (LGT), CPR/AED for the professional rescuer (CPR-PRO), and Title 22 First Aid for Public Safety Personnel.